- 4.5 kg Beef Brisket
- Rosemary salt, to taste
- Coarse ground pepper
1. Place 1 cup packed fresh rosemary leaves and 1 cup coarse salt in a food processor and pulse until the texture resembles table salt.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and add 1 cup Kosher or sea salt and mix well.
3. Spread evenly on a baking sheet to dry for 1-2 hours, then pour into a jar with an airtight lid. Keep indefinitely.
1. Pre-heat grill to 135 °C. Using a sharp knife, trim the fat from the brisket leaving an even, thin layer on the top.
2. Season brisket generously on both sides with rosemary salt, coarse black pepper and your favourite dry rub to taste.
3. Place brisket on the grill fat side up, with a or heat deflector under the grates, and allow brisket to smoke at 135 °C for 12 hours or until internal temperature reaches 90 °C.
4. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.