Skip to content
- 4.5 kg Beef Brisket
- Rosemary salt, to taste
- Coarse ground pepper
- Place 1 cup packed fresh rosemary leaves and 1 cup coarse salt in a food processor and pulse until the texture resembles table salt.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add 1 cup Kosher or sea salt and mix well.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet to dry for 1-2 hours, then pour into a jar with an airtight lid. Keep indefinitely.
- Pre-heat grill to 135 °C. Using a sharp knife, trim the fat from the brisket leaving an even, thin layer on the top.
- Season brisket generously on both sides with rosemary salt, coarse black pepper and your favourite dry rub to taste.
- Place brisket on the grill fat side up, with a or heat deflector under the grates, and allow brisket to smoke at 135°C for 12 hours or until internal temperature reaches 90°C.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.