Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 2-3 hrs
Creole Grilled Chicken n’ Sausage Filé Gumbo
Certified Creole Grilled Chicken n’ Sausage Filé Gumbo
- Whole Chicken – Cut Up
- 4 Links Kielbasa Sausage
- Accent Seasoning
- Kary’s Roux
- Crisco All-Vegetable Oil
- Cajun/Creole Seasoning – To Taste
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion – Diced
- 1 Whole Garlic – Diced
- Filé: Pounded or powdered sassafras leaves
- Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- White Rice
1. Generously coat both of sides of the chicken with olive oil: I used Pig Stand BBQ Cajun Garlic Butter.
2. Season chicken to taste on both sides with Cajun/Creole seasoning: I used Queen Bee Cajun seasoning, Paprika, Accent, Black Pepper.
3. Preheat grill to 400° On the charcoal side of the grill.
4. Add chicken to grill and cook chicken only until the pink is out the chicken.
Major Key: Don’t cook the chicken fully only want to get the pink out. Then add add to Gumbo. Doing this allows the chicken to get flavor from the grill, get tenderized and become soft while in the Gumbo.